Tropical Salad

I’ve been trying to branch out from my staple romaine lettuce. I’m wussy when it comes to greens. If it’s not romaine, green leaf, or red leaf lettuce, I’d prefer it in a green smoothie than a salad. But, I’ve been trying kale lately, and it’s growing on me. Kale is a tough green, so I recommend chopping it into smaller pieces than you would lighter lettuces. 

Tropical Salad 
Yields: 3 servings 

Dressing: 
1 mango 
2/3 cup coconut milk 
juice of 1/2 lime 
juice from 1 can sliced pineapple
1 Tablespoon chia seeds 

Salad:
4-5 cups chopped kale (I used about four leaves), or other lettuce 
fruit from 1 can sliced pineapple 
1 kiwi 
1/2 a cucumber 
1/2 a bell pepper 
1 Tablespoon coconut 

For the salad: 
Wash and chop the kale, cutting off the stems. 


Open the can of pineapple. Add the fruit to the salad. Save the juice for the dressing. 


Chop the kiwi (and peel!), cucumber, and bell pepper. (Less chopping if you prepped your veggies in advance!Add to the salad. Sprinkle on the coconut. 





For the dressing: 
Peel and cut up the mango. 
Add the mango, coconut milk, chia seeds, and pineapple juice to the blender. 
Slice the lime in half and squeeze out the juice into the blender. 
Blend. 





Enjoy a little bit of tropical paradise in the midst of your busy life :)

3 comments:

  1. AMY! I have only read 3 posts and I am already in LOVE with your blog! I have a blog too (http://www.kitchen--concoctions.blogspot.com/) and I am trying to make healthier meals, but I still have a long ways to go. I love your ideas though! I really want to start implementing them. I totally understand the whole college thing, because we still have about a year to go before graduation, so your tips are perfect for us! Just so you know, I'm going to put a link your blog on my own blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the link! I'm glad you like it. Your blog is soooo cute and creative :) My mom thinks it's hilarious that we both have blogs, and it brings back memories of all our childhood creative endeavors. Especially our little "restaurant." :)

      Delete
  2. Haha I totally agree! I was walking around the neighborhood about a month and a half ago (when we were in town) and passed your house. I totally had flash backs about our restaurant and the little yard sale we did too! Fun times. :)

    ReplyDelete