Simply Bean Salad

Simply. Bean. Salad. 

It’s simple, but I believe the best things in life are simple. 

Simply Bean Salad 

1 can chickpeas 
1 can black beans 
1 can kidney beans 
1/2 cup corn (I defrosted frozen corn.)
1/2 cup chopped bell pepper 
1/2 cup chopped cucumber 
1 avocado, peeled, pitted, chopped 
salsa (opt.)
brown rice (opt.)

Open the cans and rinse the beans off. Mix in a large bowl. 


Chop the vegetables and avocado. Mix with the beans. 





Add some salsa and eat by itself or serve over rice. 


I'll leave you with a lovely quote from Henry David Thoreau. 

“I do believe in simplicity. It is astonishing as well as sad, how many trivial affairs even the wisest thinks he must attend to in a day; how singular an affair he thinks he must omit. When the mathematician would solve a difficult problem, he first frees the equation of all incumbrances, and reduces it to its simplest terms. So simplify the problem of life, distinguish the necessary and the real. Probe the earth to see where your main roots run. ” 

3 comments:

  1. Ok, don't mind me, if I end up commenting on every single thing on your blog... Simplifying my life has been my number 1 goal (literally) for the bast 9 or 10 months now. My motto is a quote by Leonardo da Vinci, "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication". This quote on your post, as well as the recipe are both fantastic! Thanks for sharing!

    Seriously though, I don't know what exactly changed that we stopped hanging out as we got older, but we should definitely be friends again. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Comment away :) I'm glad you like the blog! The recipes and ideas here really grew out of necessity from living in a dorm room and being one of the few college students I knew who ate this way. I'm not sure why we lost touch either, but we should definitely fix that! We'll have to find a time when we're both in town.

      Delete
  2. Ya,I am super impressed with your determination to stick with it, even though it is not convenient. I know I feel better when I eat better, but often it becomes so inconvenient to fix two dinners (Limi doesn't really like all the leafy-green stuff) so sometimes I lose my motivation. I guess I will just have to keep reading your blog to stay motivated! :)

    ReplyDelete