Simply Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

When I was younger, I looked forward to going to Great Harvest every Thursday with my mom. 

Why? 

Free bread slice? Nope. Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. 

I don’t know what it is, but there is something about the combination oats and chocolate chips. I like it. I love it. I want some more of it. 

And now I can!


Simply Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
(Inspired by 2 ingredient cookies)
Yield: 10 cookies

1 cup oats
2 very ripe bananas
1/4 cup date paste (see here)
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Mash bananas. 



Mix in date paste and vanilla. 



Add oats. Add more if it looks too wet.



Add chocolate chips. 


Grease cookie sheet VERY WELL. (These cookies are extremely sticky!)

Scoop dough into balls and place on cookie sheet. (They won't flatten or expand, so place them as close as you want, and you may want to flatten them down before baking.)



Bake 17 minutes. 

Let cool.



Enjoy!




Perhaps with some almond milk...



Even my mom loved these. This woman takes her chocolate chip cookies VERY seriously. (She rejected wasn’t a fan of my other attempts.)


No comments:

Post a Comment