Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Ice Cream

I realize the time for pumpkin holiday delights is passing...but I couldn't resist one more pumpkin recipe.


Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
(Based off my original vanilla recipe)


1 can refrigerated coconut milk 
1 cup pumpkin puree
4 small frozen bananas 
4 dates 
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (more or less to your taste)
1 teaspoon vanilla 
a teaspoon or two of pumpkin friendly spices (I used cinnamon) to your taste 

Refrigerate the can of coconut milk and freeze the bananas overnight.  


Flip the can of coconut milk upside down and open it. Pour out the liquid on the top. You’ll be using the solid cream. 

Pit the dates. 


Blend the coconut cream, pumpkin, bananas, dates, chocolate chips*, vanilla, and spices on high till it’s smooth like ice cream.  





Feel free to have it right away if you don't mind soft ice cream. 


Or freeze for a couple hours if you prefer a more from-the-carton-like scoop. 






*I used my mom's Vitamix blender for these pictures, and I forgot that Vitamix blenders just puree the heck out of everything. I know it doesn't look like it, but there are chocolate chips in there. They're just perfectly blended in with everything else. If you prefer to have your chocolate chips more chip-like: blend all the other ingredients, add the chocolate chips, and pulse. (When I used my Ninja blender for this recipe, I blended the chocolate chips with everything else and got nice, slightly broken up chunks. The results will depend on the power and construction of your blender.)

No comments:

Post a Comment