Gingerbread (Green) Smoothie

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present:


As it is the beginning of the year, I'm sure many of you are working on your new year's resolutions. I set my "new year" resolutions at the beginning of the school year because I find it a more applicable time for me as a student. However, every month I pick certain habits or goals to work on to help me towards my resolutions.

This January my goal is to improve my selection of simple green smoothie recipes. My basic formula is one cup of liquid, two bananas, a few cups of greens, and any add ins to make it different. (Talk about a simply smoothie!) I've done some experimenting and am excited to see what else I can come up with this month!

This recipe has to be my favorite so far.

I'm still on a bit of a Christmas kick (if you hadn't noticed).

It tastes like dessert in a glass.


If you think all green smoothies are gross, try this one. You won't be disappointed.

Gingerbread (Green) Smoothie
Yield: 3 cups

1 cup almond milk 
2 bananas 
2-3 cups greens 
2 tablespoon raisins, soaked
1/2 tablespoon molasses 
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon 
1/4 teaspoon ginger 
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg 
1/8 teaspoon allspice 
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves


Soak the raisins in warm water for at least half an hour. It worked best when I let them soak over night.

Add all the ingredients to the blender. Blend on high till you have a blender full of deliciousness.




I think this one takes the award for fanciest tasting green smoothie I've ever made.

No comments:

Post a Comment