Gingerbread Pancakes

Missing Christmas already? Never fear! Gingerbread Pancakes are here!


I made these Christmas morning, and it was hard to get good pictures of the finished product because they got eaten up too quickly!

Gingerbread Pancakes:
Yield: 8 pancakes

1 cup flour of choice*
1 tablespoon coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1 cup almond milk
1 Tablespoon molasses



Mix together all the dry ingredients.


Mix in wet ingredients until thick like pancake batter.





Cook the pancakes in a lightly greased pan, using about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake.

Top with your favorite syrup and enjoy! I added a little maple syrup to mine.


*A note on flour choice: The first time I made these (as shown above) I doubled the recipe and used a blend of organic, gluten free flour that my mom had. It was very thick and needed more milk too reach a more pancake batter-like consistency. The second time, I made these in my dorm (as shown below) and used buckwheat flour (my favorite flour for pancakes) which made them delightfully fluffy.



No comments:

Post a Comment