Pink, White, and Purple Ice Cream

Long time no….write….

I know it’s been a while, but I come bearing ice cream, so I think you’ll forgive me.



I actually intended to do this recipe on the Fourth of July, but it didn’t turn out the way I thought it would. See, it was supposed to red, white, and blue.



And it was. In my mind. But strawberries make for pink ice cream and blueberries make for purple ice cream. 





Oh well. They were quite a hit with my family on the Fourth (even the non-plant based eaters). 

Here is the vanilla recipe and the instructions. 

Strawberry Ice Cream: 
Yield: 4 servings

1 can refrigerated coconut milk 
1 cup frozen strawberries 
2 frozen bananas 
4 dates 
2 teaspoons vanilla 




Blueberry Ice Cream: 
Yield: 4 servings 

1 can refrigerated coconut milk 
1 cup frozen blueberries 
2 frozen bananas 
4 dates 
2 teaspoons vanilla 





A note about the coconut milk:
In the vanilla recipe, I used A Taste of Thai brand. It worked a few times, but I don't recommend it for this recipe. I have since used Thai Kitchen and a Sprouts store brand with success each time. Look for something to the nature of "separation occurs naturally." It should look like this after pouring out the liquid:



No comments:

Post a Comment