Stuffed Bell Peppers


It’s hot!!! Don't get me wrong, I love summer. I just don't like melting the moment I step outside. I wanted something savory and easy for dinner without having to use the oven and decided on stuffed bell peppers. (Now that I think about it, I rarely use the oven. It might have something to do with living in a dorm without one for several months.)


Most people bake their bell peppers, but it’s so hot, I just filled raw bell peppers.

Stuffed Bell Peppers 

Ingredients:
bell peppers
1 cup quinoa or rice
1/3 cup lentils 
1 cup frozen or fresh chopped vegetables (I used peas, corn, and carrots)
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2-1 teaspoon spice (I used cumin and coriander)
2 2/3 cups water or vegetable broth 



Add all ingredients (except the bell peppers) to a rice cooker and turn it on. 




Slice the bell peppers in half, cut out the stems, and wash the seeds from the inside.



Once the rice or quinoa and vegetables have finished cooking, let it cool for a few minutes. Then, start filling the peppers with it.








No comments:

Post a Comment